Monday, November 11, 2013

Welcome :)

Hi all,

I'm wanting to start this blog by introducing myself and my intentions for the blog. I am a recent newlywed currently working full time while finding my way in the "career" world (preparing for more post B.A.S schooling in the spring) with down time for imagination and creation. For years, my husband has been telling me that I should blog the things I make for meals, the crafts I create for our house, and how things come together in our current rental home. At first, I thought he was just trying to flatter me and help me find things to fill my time (he works part time, is completing a field placement, and completing his Master's Degree in Social Work). After hearing this from him a few more times, I've decided to give it a try.

I decided the first blog post I would start with was our wedding. We were married on July 26, 2013 and we had a few small DIY details throughout the day. 

I'll start with my bridesmaid's and personal attendants jewelry. I made braided bead necklaces for my gals that I found on this site. Only I used ribbons instead of a chain for the backs :) For their earrings, I made dangle beaded earrings that I had found the directions for on this site. Here's how they turned out!



My Matron of Honor wore the multiple color necklace, bridesmaids in coral, and person attendants in navy.

We also created our own centerpieces as well so they'd represent us and bring everything together. 

Photo credit to: JaneCane Photography
All of the centerpieces were made with burlap ribbon, lace ribbon, and solid lace. Accented with navy blue or coral ribbons. All were made with a hot glue gun and spray glue. 

The last personal touch on our day was creating our programs - which I cannot thank my parents enough for doing for us! They were printed on two separate pieces of paper that were stuck together with double stick tape. They were then stamped and tied together with a navy blue ribbon.





Our wedding unity box had a small mishap on the drive over - it was left on top of the car and fell off into the intersection - whoops! Courtesy of my husband and brother :)

I'm looking forward to sharing more of my crafts, recipes, and random creations - Enjoy!

e.l.l 

No comments:

Post a Comment