Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Lemon chicken sandwich with pickled bell pepper, onions, and pickles




This afternoon's lunch was a trial as I haven't done a lot of a quick pickling before but if Allan and I BOTH liked it, it must be blog worthy!

The chicken is left over from last night's dinner - I seasoned the chicken with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper/Mrs. Dash garlic and basil  seasoning then pan fried till golden brown. Once browned on each side, transferred to the crock pot. In the pan with the left over chicken bits, I added 1 Tbsp of butter, 1 small onion, and slices of lemon - once onions are golden, add chicken broth to get all of the flavor out of the pan. Once broth is simmering, transfer all to the crock pot - Can cook in the crock pot on low for approx. 4 hours :)
Now to the sandwich!

For pickling vegetables:

2 Tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp sugar
Lemon Pepper Seasonings
Pepper
Garlic Salt
*thinly sliced red bell pepper
*thinly sliced onion
----Mix all ingredients and let sit for approx 10 minutes

I shredded my chicken & baked my buns so they were toasty & and assembled  - only ingredients not listed that I used - spinach and a thin amount of mayo for the base!

enjoy!
e.l.l.



No comments:

Post a Comment